Die Top 9 In Action Sports
01Searching Sirocco - Freestyle Skateboarding an einzigartigen Spots
02Die 12 coolsten VW Bullis der Welt
03Weltrekord mit 13 Meter langem Surfboard in Huntington Beach geknackt
04Downhill über die nassen Trails von Squamish in British Columbia
05In England soll der erste mehrstöckige Skatepark der Welt entstehen
06Legende Dean Potter stirbt bei Wingsuit-Unfall im Yosemite Valley
07Lily Cam: Diese innovative Drohne folgt dir automatisch
08So entsteht ein Mountainbike aus Carbon im 3D-Drucker
09Die Longboard-Weltmeisterin und ihr zweijähriges Kind surfen in Waikiki
Why slide nose first down a butter box? Well why not? There’s something un-quantifiably fun about balancing on one foot and sliding along. Figure skaters do it, skateboarders do it, and quite possibly educated flees do it - so let’s make frontside nose press love.
1. If you can do nose presses comfortably on the piste (simply lean over the nose until your tail lifts off the ground and keep it balanced) then there's no reason why you can't do them on a butter box.
2. Ride towards the box on a flat base, focusing on the take-off.
3. Pop off the kicker to get on just as if you’re doing a 50-50 (see previous page) landing dead straight on the centre of the rail or box.
4. As you land on the box, bend your front leg and place all your weight over it, lifting up and straightening your rear leg. The aim is to have your tail raised at least a few inches off the box as you’re sliding along.
5. Spread your arms out wide to keep yourself balanced, and keep your eyes on the end of the rail.
6. For maximum style points, try to spring off the nose just before you leave the rail. Too early and it’s not as stylish, too late and you’re likely to land flat on your belly.
7. Assuming you’ve sprung with impeccable timing off the end, land with both feet on the ground at the same time, extending your legs to meet the snow. Maintain a flat base until you’re back under control. You’ve just done your first nose press.